Welcome to the World Gourmet Society (WGS) website.
WGS is a gourmet club for food enthusiasts and professionals alike. It's a refreshing mix of influential culinary experts including food writers, chefs, restaurant owners and managers, young and dynamic individuals with new and exciting ideas – and last but not least, people who simply love food. When you join WGS, you join a group of global gourmet enthusiasts. You can create a personalised profile page detailing your culinary expertise and can contact and exchange ideas with likeminded food lovers from all around the world.
What’s more, since our website relaunch, there are now all kinds of new ways to be active and build your reputation in the gourmet community. As a WGS member, you can now:
- Create a Food Story: create your own unique Food Story by uploading Food Moments. The website generates a timeline of these moments and a useful dashboard report to show your recent activity. You can interact with other members’ Food Stories, too – it’s the perfect way to find likeminded people worldwide. What’s more, you can share your Food Moments and foodie dashboard with the wider social media world on Facebook.
- Start or join a Food Challenge: You can start your own Food Challenge such as “visit 2 restaurants in 4 weeks” or “cook healthy meals for 2 weeks” and so on – the only limit is your imagination! Other members can join these challenges and try to complete them as well. What’s more, any Food Challenge you create has the potential to become a big hit, with members all around the world joining in.
- Become a black belt in Fine Dining or Casual Dining: The website uses a belt system – inspired by judo – to recognise your accomplishments on the site in two different categories: Fine Dining and Casual Dining. If you turn on the belt setting on your account, you collect points every time you’re active on the site and every time another member rates one of your Food Moments. The higher you climb through the belt system, the more your reputation will grow in the global gourmet community.
We hope you enjoy your time on WGS and we look forward to interacting with you in this exciting culinary environment!
We kindly ask members not to use WGS to promote themselves. The common interests of all members should be their enthusiasm for fine food and fine restaurants and their passion to support and honour outstanding achievements in the gourmet world. Please review our code of ethics for more information.
We are always happy to welcome new and passionate food enthusiasts from all around the world to our society. You can join us now using the Join button in the top right of every webpage.
Discover New Culinary Landscapes
The mission of the World Gourmet Society and its members is to “Discover New Culinary Landscapes.” Our vision is to create a platform to support young and talented chefs and new culinary ideas.
We are looking to form strategic partnerships with likeminded organizations on both global and local levels to support this mission and the global culinary community. WGS currently reaches over 37,000 gourmets worldwide.
Core elements of the partnership can be:
- Enhancing the visibility and reach of WGS and the partner organization
- Support for specific projects
- Content and newsletter support
- Access to the WGS membership
Please contact us if you are interested in become a strategic partner of the World Gourmet Society.
“We are looking to form strategic partnerships with likeminded organizations on both global and local levels to support this mission and the global culinary community.” Tesi Baur, Wgs Founder
Our Global Partners
The first person to have been to every 3 star Michelin restaurant in the world.
He is the author of “The London Transport Restaurant Guide” and a freelance food writer for various publications. He was also a guest critic on the first four series of BBC’s “Masterchef: The Professionals.”, and wrote the Paris section of National Geographics’s “Food Journeys of the World”, published in 2009. Andy the restaurant critic for Elite Traveler magazine.
Over the last 20 or so years he has been eating in restaurants three to six times a week. In 2004 Andy Hayler completed eating at every 3 star Michelin restaurant in the world at the time, a journey that was reported in the press as far afield as Taiwan and Australia and made it to French National TV. He also caught up with Michelin in 2008, and again in 2010, 2012 and 2014 in terms of eating at all the three star restaurants at that time.
The World Food Championships
The 6th Annual World Food Championships (www.WorldFoodChampionships.com) featured 450 culinary teams from 13 countries and more than 40 American states. The event, which provides a level playing field for home cooks, pro teams and chefs, uses a tournament-style format to narrow its field to 10 category champions. With three national TV programs since its inception and almost $2 million awarded in cash and prizes, WFC is the largest and fastest growing platform in Food Sport for aspirational culinary artisans that are seeking fortune and fame. The main event will be held in Orange Beach, Alabama, Nov. 7-11, 2018. The Top 10 Category Champions will be crowned to see who will qualify for WFC’s Final Table and a $100,000 prize purse. For all WFC updates, follow World Food Championships on Twitter (@WorldFoodChamp), and Facebook(@WorldFoodChampionships) and Instagram (@WorldFoodChampionships).
Our Media Partner In Belgium
Taste The World Of Dolce
DOLCE MAGAZINE is a trendy, hip and exclusive magazine for trendy, hip and exclusive people. Bon vivants with a shared passion for gastronomy, travel and unique experiences. Foodies, hipsters, hobby chefs, cosmopolitan types—all with a taste for an inspiring magazine that brings both viewing and experiential pleasure. Dolce brings them together in a worldwide community with a Belgian touch.
Dolce WORLD is an international community with a passion for gastronomy , lifestyle, art built through crossmedia (paper, digital) and sharing experience (travel, concerts, exhibitions, incentives… ) activities.
Our Partner in Turkey
For 27 years, WorldFood Istanbul has been the meeting point for international food & drink producers and Turkey’s key buyers. It’s the ideal place for foreign firms to explore the Turkish food sector, network with important industry figures and buyers, and promote their products in an exciting new market. With a large, professional audience of retailers, wholesalers, dedicated importers, and many more food & drink players, WorldFood Istanbul is the ultimate exhibiton venue for B2B transactions.
WorldFood İstanbul will be held in İstanbul Turkey, 4-7 September 2019, and will host the Turkish version of the Best Plate Challenge within the business development programme. (http://www.worldfood-istanbul.com) (@worldfoodistanbul)