The World Gourmet Society is committed to ensuring we meet the principles of the GDPR to ensure all our readers, clients and employees have the confidence that any information captured and saved on any of our databases is centralised, secure and confidential.
Information collected and stored
The World Gourmet Society will never collect and store information that is irrelevant to its purpose. Only information that is required for our commitments will be stored.
All private information pertaining to you, the User will be obtained and stored with your consent, or if there is a legitimate interest on the receiving end.
We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you have requested or consented to this.
You may request details of the personal information we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please send us an email.
Our data procedures
You have the right to know what data (specific to you), is stored and for what purpose. Should you wish to know what, of your personal data we have stored, please send us an email and we will respond within 48 hours from receipt, unless otherwise advised.
Should you no longer wish to receive our newsletter, please select the “unsubscribe” option on the newsletter or send us an email and we will remove your details within 48 hours of receipt of your request, unless otherwise advised.
Should you wish to update, add or delete any information stored by the World Gourmet Society, please send us an email, which we will action within 48 hours of receipt of your request, unless otherwise advised.
If there is any content in our communication and website you are troubled about, you are welcome to contact us via email or telephone to raise your concerns with us.
We commit to ensure that your privacy is protected. We will never share nor sell your private information with/to third parties without your consent unless we are compelled to do so by law.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Our services and information are not intended for use by minors and thus we will never intentionally collect and store information pertaining to children under the age of 18 years of age.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
- You can share food moments and challenges that you have created or joined as posts on Facebook.
- WGS has a Facebook app which enables us to capture your primary Facebook email address, as well as your name and profile picture.
- We don’t capture any of the above information.
- Our Facebook app also allows us to access your Facebook posts. Our only purpose for requesting this additional access, is so that we can capture the number of likes that you receive on Facebook specifically for WGS posts that you have shared on Facebook. We don’t look up or capture any details for any of your other posts, and we only get the number of likes associated with your WGS Facebook posts, so that we can display this count under your food moment.
- We only have access to your Facebook account if you have given us permission to do so at the point when you share a food moment or challenge, and you can remove this access by disconnecting from your Facebook account on your WGS My Account page.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:7
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us.
Code of Ethics
The World Gourmet Society will never:
- Use someone else’s name or impersonate someone else
- Post or distribute illegal material
- Use abusive or threatening language
- Post offensive remarks regarding people’s gender, race or nationality
The World Gourmet Society will endeavour to:
- Maintain a professional and ethical behaviour in all our dealings
- Bring you content that is relevant and is of interest to our industry
- Make every attempt to act in a way that is beneficial to the industry and our colleagues.
The choice is yours You will always have the choice to ask for your information to be timeously deleted from our database and you have the right to unsubscribe, at anytime, from our industry newsletter.
If you believe that any personal information, specific to is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us via email or telephone as soon as possible. We will promptly correct and/or complete the relevant information.
The World Gourmet Society may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25.05.2018.
Protecting your privacy is important to us. We remain committed to our clients and subscribers and welcome any feedback and/or comments either via our website or directly to: email@example.com
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. While we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of the World Gourmet Society. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, the World Gourmet Society takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
The website and its content is copyright of the World Gourmet Society. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You may share our newsletter with friends and colleagues as you chose on condition that none of the content is intentionally manipulated.
- You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
- You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
- Use of the World Gourmet Society logo and corporate identity is prohibited without our consent. Unauthorised use of our website or material may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.