United Kingdom, Europe
Alan Coxen is a renowned international chef with experience in leading Michelin star restaurants, 5 star hotels and is a successful TV chef. We are delighted that he has shared his delicious recipe for Marmalade basted chicken with orange, mint and enraged oil, taken from his cookbook Ready in Minutes with us.
Your challenge is to follow the recipe and use your culinary skills to create this fabulous dish. Good luck!
Ingredients - Serves 4
4 Chicken legs (leg and thigh)
Maldon salt and freshly ground pepper
15ml Olive oil
60 ml Extra thick-thick cut marmalade
50g Fresh garden mint leaves (chopped)
Zest of 1 large orange
3 Cloves of garlic (crushed)
For the enraged oil
250ml Olive oil + 15 ml for frying
4 fresh thai chillies (finely chopped with seeds) Pinch of salt 15ml tomato
1. Make the enraged oil first by heating the 15ml olive oil in a fry pan until hot, then add the chillies and fry gently for 2-3 mins.
2. Add the salt and tomato puree and stir well.
3. Reduce the heat and add the remaining 250ml of olive oil and keep warm for 20 mins before leaving to cool slowly.
4. When cool pass the oil through a muslin cloth and pour into sterilised bottles and keep aside until ready.
Pre-heat the oven to 200c
1. Place the chicken joints onto an oven proof tray and drizzle over the oil before seasoning with salt and pepper.
2. In a bowl mix together the marmalade, mint, orange zest and garlic and spread all over the chicken.
3. Place into the oven and cook for approx. 25-30 mins (or until cooked through).
4. If the marmalade starts to become too brown turn down the heat.
5. When ready serve drizzled with a little enraged oil (optional) and a fresh orange salad.
July’s search for the best quality food moment photo is now on! We would love to see a fabulous dish you have cooked or baked. It can be a starter, main course, dessert or cake – if you have a recipe for the dish we would love to see that too.
The best photo will be entered into the World Gourmet Society’s 2020 Photo of the Year Award. We look forward to seeing your excellent culinary dishes.
Your July food moment
Do you have the delicate culinary skills to create delicious looking and tasting sushi? Here’s your chance to showcase your best sushi creations.
Upload your sushi photo
Can you cook a dessert that a Michelin-starred chef would be proud of? Here’s an opportunity to display your high level of skill and precision needed to produce a world-class dessert.
Your Michelin-starred dessert
Vegan cuisine is a hot trend in dining right now. There are thousands of vegan recipes out there from every corner of the globe to delight our tastebuds with new foods and flavours. Inspire us with your favourite plant-based creations.
Your first Vegan Dish
Your second Vegan Dish
Your third Vegan Dish
Your fourth Vegan Dish
Your fifth Vegan Dish
Show me your best baking creations.
Bake # 7
Bake # 9
French cuisine is the pinnacle of fine dining. Even the word "gourmet" originates from the French language. Are you skilled in the refined and elegant craft of French cuisine? Show us your regional specialities and take us on a virtual culinary tour of this beautiful country.
Your first french dish
Your second french dish
Your third french dish
Your fourth french dish
Your fifth french dish
You need to register before you can join Food Challenges. Registration is quick and easy. If you already have an account, switch to login form
See what worldwide food enthusiasts do and learn from global emerging food trends.
Share Food Stories and Challenges across the World with passionate & like-minded food lovers!
Earn points and become a fine or casual dining black belt by sharing your love for food.