Alan Coxen's Marmalade Chicken
Your challenge is to follow the recipe and use your culinary skills to create this fabulous dish. Good luck!
Ingredients - Serves 4
4 Chicken legs (leg and thigh)
Maldon salt and freshly ground pepper
15ml Olive oil
60 ml Extra thick-thick cut marmalade
50g Fresh garden mint leaves (chopped)
Zest of 1 large orange
3 Cloves of garlic (crushed)
For the enraged oil
250ml Olive oil + 15 ml for frying
4 fresh thai chillies (finely chopped with seeds) Pinch of salt 15ml tomato
1. Make the enraged oil first by heating the 15ml olive oil in a fry pan until hot, then add the chillies and fry gently for 2-3 mins.
2. Add the salt and tomato puree and stir well.
3. Reduce the heat and add the remaining 250ml of olive oil and keep warm for 20 mins before leaving to cool slowly.
4. When cool pass the oil through a muslin cloth and pour into sterilised bottles and keep aside until ready.
Pre-heat the oven to 200c
1. Place the chicken joints onto an oven proof tray and drizzle over the oil before seasoning with salt and pepper.
2. In a bowl mix together the marmalade, mint, orange zest and garlic and spread all over the chicken.
3. Place into the oven and cook for approx. 25-30 mins (or until cooked through).
4. If the marmalade starts to become too brown turn down the heat.
5. When ready serve drizzled with a little enraged oil (optional) and a fresh orange salad.
Earn 7 Points With This Challenge
You’re only 20 points away from your Fine Dining Yellow Belt!